Sunday, October 14, 2012

Reggio Inspired Moveable Alphabet aka Fridge Magnets.

Masha' Allah, when the twins were small they were gifted a set of large sized alphabet, and number fridge magnets. Over the years, and through one move, we lost just about all of them. For awhile no seemed bothered by this, but recently I discovered Professor #1 trying to spell out words with the few remaining letters and numbers we had left, and thought, we need to fix this. The one store I knew sold the large size letters closed down awhile ago, so I hit the internet and found them at Lake Shore, they even sell a larger Jumbo size. Our set contains all the letters of the alphabet, plus a handful of extra letters.

~

We decided to purchase only the letters this time around, no numbers, and instead of keeping them on the fridge, we moved them into the playroom, repurposing a magnetic dry erase board.


It took a little rearranging, we have very limited wall space in the playroom, but I was able to clear out this nook for magnetic letter play. 

You can see here its within BP's  reach but he does use a stool to reach the higher letters he can't pull down to his level. 


Alhumdullilah, its worked out well and is a great edition to the playroom that everyone has enjoyed using. Masha' Allah. 

1 comment:

  1. Great idea and I love the bright color addition of the letters too! :)

    ReplyDelete