Saturday, October 22, 2011

Apple Picking

On the third weekend of October 2011, we took the boys apple picking, on what turned out to be a wonderful Fall day at, Homestead Farms in Poolesville, MD. This was one of the field trips I wanted to incorporate into our Fall Unit Study, and after a few attempts, we finally made it out. I'm sure glad we did, because I received and email from the farm this morning saying due to large crowds, they had run out of apples!

The farm offers year round 'pick-ur-own' seasonal items such as flowers, fruits and vegetables. It was a gorgeous place, and we can't wait to go back each season. Please click the 'Read more' link, on the bottom left, to view all the pictures.

















2 comments:

  1. Essalam Alaikum,
    Masha'allah this sure is a beautiful place! Nice pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jazakillah Khair. It is! They have year round pick-ur-own, so plenty of chances to get out there throughout the year, insha' Allah.

    ReplyDelete