Monday's are our hardest day of the week. Like many other students, the Professors find it sometimes challenging to get back into the school routine after the weekend, especially a long weekend. For those times, I like to pull out our 'Ice Breaker' activities, to get everyone warmed up for learning. Here is one we worked on Monday.
Last week, The Professors Grandmother brought over a large, glittery, car sticker sheet. I cut it down so each person had 2 sheets of equal stickers (very important! to avoid colossal meltdowns).
She also gave us a foam poster board for sticking the stickers. I asked the Professors to complete this activity while I made them breakfast, and fed Baby Professor. I put the foam board across the kitchen table, had each person sit at a corner of the board, and stick their stickers.
The 'Ice Breaker' was a success, and a tantrumy, whiney morning was abolished, Alhumdullilah. Above is the finished product and their collaborative effort. We went on to have a smooth breakfast and a productive circle time. We plan to hang our sticker board in the playroom.
The 'Ice Breaker' was a success, and a tantrumy, whiney morning was abolished, Alhumdullilah. Above is the finished product and their collaborative effort. We went on to have a smooth breakfast and a productive circle time. We plan to hang our sticker board in the playroom.




No comments:
Post a Comment