Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Rearranging....again....

You may have noticed we've been on and off with blog posts recently. Our playroom rearrangement didn't quite do the trick, and I have finally accepted that we have to combine the playroom and schoolroom into one big homeschooling room. So we've been busy moving out of our classroom into the playroom, which is the basement. Its not nearly as beautiful as our old school room, but it is making up in sanity, what it lacks in glamour. Don't get me wrong, its a nice, finished, carpeted basement, Masha' Allah, but a little different than a Sunroom.

That being said its taking alot longer than I planned. I've been drawing plans in my head to make the two harmonious, and in reality that means alot of decluttering, trashing, and donating of toys, and old projects and school supplies. I've also been spending time on Pintrest and getting alot of great ideas and, Alhumdullilah, the room is now finally underway.

We've moved in enough to get our basic lessons going again, but our Pink Language Series is on hold. As a matter of fact, it was one day of doing this lesson in the old schoolroom that sold me on the idea it would be utter chaos to continue schooling in separate rooms.

I was a little down about it at first but Masha' Allah, when I saw Baby Professor happily baking my slippers, and some plastic eggplants in the play kitchen oven, while the twins school, I knew I made the right decision, Alhumdulilah.   It also gives the twins a brake between lessons to build, imagine and have a breather.

We'll still have things to blog about insha' Allah, but it might be awhile before we introduce any new lessons, or at least blog them.

Stay tuned : )

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I know it's a lot of work rearranging the classroom but it will be worth it in the end. Enjoy your new space! We can't wait to see what you'll be working on next!
    Anna
    :)

    ReplyDelete