Sunday, July 15, 2012

Farm Field Trip: Peach and Flower Picking.

 I have been looking forward to flower picking on the farm since I found out about it last Fall when we went to pick Apples, and I was not disappointed, Masha' Allah. We enjoyed the peach picking thoroughly as well, Masha' Allah. The farm also has a small petting area with a cow, goats, ducks, a turkey and chickens. The Professors always liked to observe the animals from a distance, but this time the older guys finally pet the goats! Masha' Allah. Alhumdullilah, I am so grateful we finally got to the farm after weeks of unfit weather, and missing out on picking blueberries. We headed out extra early, arriving just twenty minutes after opening, to beat the heat, and in doing so we beat the crowds as well.
~
Peach Picking

We started off our morning picking Yellow Peaches. The peach trees were on the opposite side of the farm from the apple trees and strawberry patch, so we got to take in some new scenery. 




Headed to the Orchard




Hard At Work Picking Peaches











Masha' Allah, BP was to short to pick peaches off the trees, but he was very proud of this one he found on the ground.


Peaches and Peach Trees

















~
Flower Picking

After we finished peach picking, we headed up to the top of the farm for flower picking. Masha' Allah it was beautiful, and I was surprised how much the Professors enjoyed it. 

The Field






Our Bouquet



~
Wildflowers 

In addition to the pick your own field, there were some beautiful wildflowers growing all around the farm. 






~

Insha' Allah we look forward to returning to the farm in the Fall to pick Apples, if not before ; )

5 comments:

  1. Assalaamu alaikum
    Masha Allah! Your pics are beautiful
    I love summer for all the "pick your own" fun :)
    Kids love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wa alaykum As-salaam,

    Jazakillah Khair. This is the first year we've done this activity. Masha' Allah we've really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete