Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Summer Strawberry Smoothie

Now that strawberry season is reaching is peak, I thought I would share a smoothie recipe that the Professors and I love Masha' Allah, and is very easy to make. When we went strawberry picking last month, I froze half of our strawberries and have been using them about twice a week or so to make these delicious smoothies. The original recipe is from the Dole Kids 5 A Day Cookbook, but we've improvised a little. Here is our recipe. Enjoy!

2 cups frozen Strawberries

2 Medium Banana's

1 cup Plain Whole Milk Yogurt

6 oz Dole Juice (comes in a six pack)

6 oz any Orange Juice (we usually use frozen)

~Add all ingredients into the blender (Professor #3 Masha' Allah LOVES to help me with this).
~ Blend (we do two cycles since the berries are frozen)
~Pour into cups ( makes enough for 3 medium cups for kids, and one large cup for adult)
~Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment