Awhile back I had intended to do a post on some of our favorite Do It Yourself (DIY) Montessori materials. I quickly realized that was highly unrealistic, and as easy as a Google search when you're ready to begin your project. Last night while doing a blog roll, I saw a post by one of my favorite bloggers, Mari-Ann of Counting Coconuts. It was a post on her project of making her own Montessori Color Tablets. I had seen the manipulatives around various Montessori web pages and blogs, but never looked into them. After reading her post, I promptly decided this was my next Mommy Project, and is going to be part of a mini Montessori/Reggio art theme for the Professors, insha' Allah. Below you will find the link to Mari-Ann's project, and a link to presenting the color tablets in a three-part lesson.
DIY Montessori Color Tablets Link:
http://countingcoconuts.blogspot.com/2012/03/diy-montessori-color-tablets.html
Three-part Montessori Color Tablets Link:
http://www.infomontessori.com/sensorial/visual-sense-color-tablets.htm
~
I have no idea how long it will take me to make our color tablets, but I hope to do complete it fairly efficiently, and hope to get started on it as soon as this weekend, insha' Allah.
No comments:
Post a Comment