~
Getting Started
These are old thread spools. When my grandmother moved out of her house a few years ago, she and my mother came across a small box of these in the basement. Not knowing what to do with them, my Mom asked me if I thought I could make use of them. Alhumdullilah, we did!
I bought a few packs of shoe laces for the 'thread' from Wal Mart. They are much more sturdy and easier for the Professors to work with. I knotted the end of each shoe lace twice to hold the string of spools.
~
Threading
Professor #3 was eager to get started with this activity, as he had been hanging around while I set up. I showed him how to thread the spool, and he needed help a few times, but after that he was good to go, Masha' Allah. He also felt the need to stand on his chair for the first few spools.
Working hard
Threading complete
Well, for him anyways, this is all he wanted to do, which, Masha' Allah, I think was fairly good.
Twins Threading
Here are a few shots of the twins doing their threading. They enjoyed the activity, and after Professor #2 was done, Professor #1 redid his string to include all the spools, Masha' Allah.
~
Baby Professor
Baby Professor kept busy with a new book, Masha' Allah that Grammy picked up at the Spring consignment sale.
When he presses the button, it speaks the color name. He was very possessive of this book at first, and would get crazy if anyone tried to touch it, or help him with the colors. He's simmered down about it now, but its still Masha' Allah a favorite.
When he was done with that , he allowed Professor #2 to help him with another book.
~





No comments:
Post a Comment