~
Our Summer Garden
I did not not get any pictures of the Professors planting the garden. We had a strong cold snap the morning they planted, and I was indoors with Baby Professor. DH didn't allow the Professors themselves to stay out very long either, so the work got done in spurts over the course of the day.
Here are the two plants they chose. I am not garden expert, but I believe they are Zinnia's.
Professor #1's bunch is red, Professor #2's yellow. Professor #3 became so focused on the garden decoration that he could not bring himself to pick a plant. He opted for helping plant the other items.
Here is a snap of their very empty looking garden.
The three green plants to the far left were planted by the previous homeowners, and for the life of me I have no idea what they are. In front of the Zinnia's, we planted the bag of mixed bouquet flower bulbs, which are Paeonia, Gladiolus, Lily and Delphinium. Here is a picture of the bag.
They are said to bloom around mid to late Summer.
We have a few bags of Sunflower seeds leftover, and are in talks about where to plant them. I think the winning idea is going to be to plant them along the back fence line in the back yard. Supposed to be a little stormy here this weekend, so not sure when that will get done. After that, our planting will be complete. As I mentioned in yesterday's post, it is part of the Professors morning routine to water and weed the garden as needed. Getting out and gardening in the early morning has done wonders for their spirit, and their school work! Masha' Allah. We sure encourage everyone to get out do some type of gardening this season. Happy Gardening!



No comments:
Post a Comment