~
Getting Started
The idea behind the project, as I understood it, was to make a journal style book of the moon phases. The pictures could be colored, then the stars painted with water and salt. Then a description could be written about each moon phase, underneath the picture. The pictures would then be cut out and made into a mini book.
~
Working Hard
I only set out Yellow, Black, and Silver crayons for use. The Professors were not on board with this at first at all, but gradually got used to the idea.
I really wanted them to follow the project directions and not be haphazard, they did their best but as you will see a little creativity snuck in, Masha' Allah.
We used our Earth's Moon poster as a guide, and was one of the reasons I chose the specific colors to work with.
I worked very closely with Professor #3, making sure he colored neatly and with the appropriate colors, (no black crescent moons for example) and Masha' Allah, while irritated, he was a very good sport.
~
Mini Books
I knew paper mini books weren't going to cut it for us, so I asked the Professors to cut out the cards and we would arrange them to be glued onto the construction paper (everyone chose their own color for the books). The twins had different interpretations of what that meant, with one cutting on the lines, and the other cutting randomly. Masha' Allah, they were determined to do it themselves, so I let it go.
While I was helping Professor's #2 and #3 arrange their cutouts on the paper, Professor #1 went full steam ahead on his own, and well, you'll see how his turned out.
Professor #3's book
Professor #2's Book.
Professor #1's Book
As you can see he even colored his crescent moon black, Ha! Masha' Allah : )
We finished by including a cover page, and stapling everything together. Sleep deprivation did not allow me to realize until later that I had stapled pages of P1's book to pages of P3's book. Easily corrected with a staple remover ; )
~
Insha' Allah, I think the Professors semi enjoyed the project, and got something out of it too. Alhumdullilah, I'm glad we attempted it.


No comments:
Post a Comment