Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Sponge Painted Moon Phases

Masha' Allah, one of the Ramadan activities I was personally looking forward to doing with the Professors was sponge painting. I had been waiting for a nice day to do the activity out on the deck, but with all this extreme heat this Summer, we settled for a semi nice morning.
~
Getting Started

I started the project by tracing paper templates onto poster board, then cutting the templates into large squares. 





~
Working Hard


The idea was for the Professors to sponge paint the moon phases. The link I got this project from suggested Purple, Blue, White, and Black paint. I had one of those colors on hand, so we went with whatever we had, which Masha' Allah, I thought turned out much more colorful in the end. I gave a small demo on what to do, how to use the sponge, but the Professors, while they tried, quickly went their own creative directions, Masha' Allah. 




Did I mention BP got in on the painting too? 



Masha' Allah, he loved it! : )

The twins aren't too much into art, so they did their requisite paintings and went back to playing, but Professor #3 stayed at the art table for a long time afterward, Masha' Allah, and even got to work on a masterpiece on the left over poster board cut outs. Masha' Allah, he really loves art , and I need to incorporate more of that in his day. Insha' Allah. 







~
Paintings drying on the deck



While the Professors were napping I cut and hung the moon's along the top of our Ramadan bulletin board. 



I hung BP's moon, and P3's materpeice in the playroom for them to enjoy, Masha' Allah. 





~

No comments:

Post a Comment