~
Ramadan Word Wall
Masha' Allah, I can't find a negative thing to say about the concept of the Word Wall. It's a brilliant idea, Masha' Allah. One of the one's I saw online had the child decorate the word cards. They were slightly older than the Professors, so we did something similar, but a little different.
After we defined, and talked about each word, doing 1-2 a day, I asked whomever did not lead the circle time to put stickers on the words we learned. Masha' Allah they loved this idea, and even started forming sentences out of the stickers as you can see below (Go, Go, Go Bulldozer).
Masha' Allah, when we defined the word Iftar, I remembered I had a print out of the dua' (supplication) for breaking the fast, so we added it, under our dua' poster for sighting the new moon. Since the Professors aren't fasting this year, I just left it up and stated that we break fast with dates and water first, then we can have more small snacks later. The other day, I was walking by the board with BP and he pointed to the poster and said 'Dates, Dates.' Masha' Allah. I was surprised, and still don't know where he made the association.
Our completed board
Masha' Allah this turned out to be a highlight for me, and we finished all our words except for Eid Al-Fitr and Eid Mubarak. I will insha' Allah add them to our Eid board which we are working on now.




No comments:
Post a Comment