Friday, August 3, 2012

Ramadan Bulletin Board

Awhile back I posted a link on our Facebook Page about wanting to start thematic bulletin boards in our classroom. Its an aspect of the early childhood classroom I've always loved, Masha' Allah. You could go to town with ideas, themes and materials! Since we are already at the mid way point of Ramadan, I just wanted to get ours done, so I re-purposed a lot of materials we already had on ours, and Masha' Allah, we're pleased with it. We will continue to add to it throughout the month insha' Allah, as we finish projects.

~

The board itself is from our basement playroom. I moved it upstairs and covered the cork with art paper and a new boarder. 




Next I added our board title. I  used the same pack of  letters I had on the boards I made in the Professors rooms. 




The next step was adding the items I wanted to reflect our theme. We have not completed our art projects yet, and some, such as the Ramadan coloring pages cannot be displayed here. So, I started with Moon Phases poster and Dua' (supplication) poster, for sighting the new moon. 




Finally, I added our Word Wall words for the month. I really didn't want to put them on the bulletin board, but next to it. However, there were too many, and doing that would've put them in BP's reach, and too high for the kids to read them.


Completed board (so far)


~

No comments:

Post a Comment