Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Snow Playdough

 We have a growing list of Make Your Own Playdough (MYO) recipes that we have been wanting to try since the Summer. This link: http://nurturestore.co.uk/snow-playdough-recipe  popped up on my Twitter feed about a month ago, and we decided to make it our first batch.
 
 Since we have never done this kind of activity before, and I was short on time, I went ahead and made the playdough myself during nap time.


I was surprised how gritty it was, and as another blogger suggested, I added a little bit of white flour to soften it up. Sure looks like snow to me.
Picked these up from the local Muslim meat market while we were picking up our other ingredients. Fun!


I purposely did not show the Professors the pictures of the snowmen in the link because, I didn't want them to get fixated on making that and only that. I put out a small handful of our regular playdough manipulatives and let them decide what to make. Before hand, we had a small discussion about what can be made in the snow. Snowmen did come up, but other great ideas like Igloos were also mentioned.







Even though the playdough was pretty gritty, and started crumbling apart at the end of the session, it cut well with the cookie cutters. 






We had a great time playing with this, and still have a little left over. Thank you @nurturestore for a great recipe and play idea : )

No comments:

Post a Comment