Masha' Allah, seems he is starting to grasp the concept of time. Poor little guy waited all afternoon by the door and on the sofa for Grammy and family to arrive. When he realized she truley was not coming for a visit this past weekend he was terribly upset. We both talked to Grammy on the phone and she suggested to me that I mark on the calendar when she was coming, so I took the opportunity.
I have had this one glittery stars and stripes sticker left over from a batch of Summer stickers forever! and I thought great! finally a chance to use it. I informed Professor #1 that we are going to mark on the calendar what day Grammy is coming, and then cross of the school days between now and then. Of course I could not find that blasted sticker! and while I rummaged through my teachers closet the other Professors thought that might be a go ahead to try and sneak some goodies out.
Deflated, I closed the doors and got out our stickers folder, and asked Professor #1 to choose a sticker to put on the calendar. He chose this:
He then X'd off our first day:
After that, I numbered the days so we could keep a visual of how many more days to go:
Insha' Allah, this will help him make it through the week and be an enjoyable activity for everyone.

No comments:
Post a Comment