Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Companion to Arabic Sandpaper Letters.

Before I knew Arabic Sandpaper Letters existed, I had been using a board book to teach the Professors their Arabic Alphabet. The book is titled My Arabic Alphabet Book The Language of the Qur'an and is published by Darussalam Publishers & Distributers. There is a website listed on the book, but the domain is inactive.


I got it a the local Muslim grocery store a few years back. It works very much like flash cards, with large, colorful letters. It also gives the phonetic, english, pronunciation under the letter. 



We pull out this book often, and when we aren't able to get our  Sandpaper letters out. It allows us to be able to do our  Montessori lesson, with tracing, and reciting the letter.  A simple way Montessori can be applied in the home, when there isn't time (or patience) for a complete lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment