Monday, February 6, 2012

Weekend Project: Wall Sized Bulletin Boards.

I have had this project bouncing around my brain since last Summer when I came across a Facebook link on how to take Dollar Store picture frames and make them into a mini art gallery, by removing the glass and fillings, and hanging the empty frame on a wall to fill up with your child's art. About a month ago, I came across a blog link where the blogger showed how she had made a "word wall" in her daughters room to help with learning the words they were currently studying. The two ideas came into action this weekend, when I could no longer stand seeing art work that was wandering all over the kitchen, without a home.

I already had supplies so no need to buy frames. I also didn't want to be limited to such a small space for work. Thirdly, one of my favorite things about being a teacher of young children is making super fun bulletin boards, the creativity is simple, and endless, however, my supplies weren't, so I worked with what I had, and I think these came out super fun, Masha' Allah. I only got to work on the twins boards, and will get to work this week on Professor # 3's and Baby Professors board, insha' Allah.

I wanted to put the boards in the Professors rooms, one because its just fun, and two, since we already have art in the school room, art on the fridge, and a bulletin board for things that are heavy and need to be tacked, in the basement playroom. Ideally, you might want to install ribbon or string to hang art on with clothes pins or clips, if you don't want to tape things to the wall. The Professors room is scheduled to be repainted soon insha' Allah, so I'm not too worried about scotch taping the walls at the moment.

~

Our Bulletin Boards



It might be a little hard to tell from these pictures, but Masha' Allah, these are wall sized boards. I might make them even bigger, depending on how fast they fill up with work. All the materials were bought from the Dollar Store. I went back and added each Professors name across the inside top row of the board for personalization with big, sparkly, poster board lettering, and they are loving these new installations in their room, Masha' Allah. I plan to change them up from time to time, or just leave them, we'll see. The only glitch is, its taking some training to keep Baby Professor from tearing them, but he's learning, Masha' Allah, and enjoys pointing, and shouting, 'this' 'that' to the different things he notices on the boards : )

This was a great weekend project for us, especially me. Alhumdullilah, I'm so glad I finally got it done!



No comments:

Post a Comment