Monday, January 23, 2012

Banana Crumb Muffins

This morning I made one of Baby Professors favorite treats, Banana Crumb Muffins, and we wanted to share it with everyone. The recipe is from, the Professors, Grammy.  I'm not sure of its exact origins, but I'm remembering her mentioning it came from an old magazine, I'll check on that insha' Allah.


Banana Crumb Muffins

1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour

1 Teaspoon Baking Soda

1 Teaspoon Baking Powder

1/2 Teaspoon Salt

3 Large Ripe Banana's 

3/4 Cup Sugar

1 Egg lightly beaten

1/3 Cup Butter or melted Margarine
 ~

Cinnamon Sugar Topping

1/3 Cup packed Brown Sugar

1 Tablespoon All Purpose Flour

1/8 Teaspoon Cinnamon


  1. In a large bowl combine dry ingredients, minus topping ingredients. 
  2. In seperate bowl, combine banana's, sugar, egg and butter. Mix well. 
  3. Stir into dry ingredients, just until moistened.
  4. Fill greased or paper lined muffins cups 3/4 full.
  5. Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over muffins. 
  6. Bake @ 350 for 18-20 minutes, until muffins are done. Makes 12 muffins.
Enjoy!


***Please note we forgot to add the Cinnamon Sugar topping this morning. When you do it will be more frosty looking. Still tasted good though.****





No comments:

Post a Comment