~
The Patterns
I purposely kept the paper large to see how they would go about cutting out the patterns. In the link the teacher cut down the patterns into small squares. We will do this in our next session, insha' Allah.
Getting Started
Professor #3 quickly resorted to ripping to complete the task:
I worked together with him alot to help guide him through cutting the larger patterns, but he wasn't interested and ran off to play action figures, although he was very pleased with this rectangle we cut together, Masha' Allah :
Masha' Allah, Professor #1 did an outstanding job, and got the hang of things very quickly, with very little guidance.
Professor #2 grew quickly frustrated. I feel confusion over the amount of patterns, and how they were drawn on the paper, was confusing to him. Even with alot of help from me, he was just overly irritated. Insha' Allah he'll do much better in our next session with smaller cards, and less print. He gave it a good try though.
Insha' Allah in our next session we are going to cut the patterns we did not finish in this session. I cut all the patterns down into hand held size cards, and each have one pattern per card. Our Library books are finally ready for pick up, so insha' Allah very soon we will start our first story extension activity, making a mug of Hot Chocolate. I decided we are just going to cut construction paper marshmallows, instead of gluing on mini marshmallows:
http://www.kiboomu.com/2011/12/27/easy-hot-chocolate-craft/
I really want to do this activity too, but I cannot find the book in the Library System. I'm hoping insha' Allah the Librarian at the Information desk can help us out with finding it, if not we'll just go ahead with the activity:
http://www.kiboomu.com/2011/12/26/alphabet-letter-i-is-for-igloo-craft/
http://www.kiboomu.com/2011/12/27/easy-hot-chocolate-craft/
I really want to do this activity too, but I cannot find the book in the Library System. I'm hoping insha' Allah the Librarian at the Information desk can help us out with finding it, if not we'll just go ahead with the activity:
http://www.kiboomu.com/2011/12/26/alphabet-letter-i-is-for-igloo-craft/






No comments:
Post a Comment