Around the end of August we were invited to an Eid Party at a friends house. One of the party activities was a craft table. The Sister hosting had set up a table containing bowls of colored rice, lentils, and beans for the kids to glue onto cut outs of animals and stars. Here is a quick shot of some of the bowls.
Masha' Allah, the Professors really enjoyed this activity, and made several different things. Here are some of our creations:
The process works exactly like glitter and glue. Cover the object with glue, then sprinkle on the rice. Dry, shake off excess rice. Most of the time the excess rice is dry enough to be reused. When making cut outs make sure you use something along the lines of card stock, because when the project dries its quite heavy.
Here are a few shots of the finished products, (that made it home) hanging next to some paintings we did later that same week:
I used to have some pictures of the rice before it was separated into bowls, with instructions on how to color it, but I can't seem to locate them now. If I do, I will add them back into this post in the future insha' Allah.
Here are a few shots of the finished products, (that made it home) hanging next to some paintings we did later that same week:
I used to have some pictures of the rice before it was separated into bowls, with instructions on how to color it, but I can't seem to locate them now. If I do, I will add them back into this post in the future insha' Allah.
Masha' Allah, the Sister was kind enough to give us some rice and cutouts to take home, so we look forward to doing this activity again sometime, insha' Allah.








No comments:
Post a Comment