Friday, March 16, 2012

FIELD TRIP....

That was the headline of two of the first emails I set eyes upon this morning. The teacher in me got all excited, and jumped up and down (mentally) and quickly tried to engage my dh in discussions about how we could work it all out. The trip we most really wanted to attend included studying the life cycle of strawberries, viewing Strawberry blossoms, a hayride, and a bee polination station. At the end, you get to plant your own Strawberries and take them home. Super fun!

The morning went on, we did errands, ate breakfast, and the realization that we just weren't going to be able to attend either sunk in.

Plan B.

I am insha' Allah going to do some digging, and try to find some printables, and a Montessori Unit study on the subject. I am going to see if we can find some Strawberry seeds to plant here at the house (I did it myself years ago before kids, and got great results Masha' Allah). We will also go Strawberry picking at the same place we picked Apples in the Fall when the season enters, insha' Allah.

Alhumdullilah, at first, I came up with this plan to soothe my own disapointment, but realized that my guys are much more interested in climbing on jungle gyms, racing big wheels and making sandcastles than sitting through a 2 hour long program. Insha' Allah this will work out just fine....

No comments:

Post a Comment