Masha' Allah, a friend of ours recently gifted the Professors with this cookbook:
It's full of colorful pictures, just like the cover, and all the recipes we've tried so far have been hits, Alhumdullilah.
For a snack yesterday, I decided to try their Breakfast Potatoes recipe, as a side with scrambled eggs.
~
Going into the oven.
All done.
Snack is served.
Masha' Allah I thought they tasted really good, but everyone else needed some coaxing to give them a try, but did well once they got started. I mushed up a few pieces of potato for Baby Professor to try. Nope. I plan to make this again, and use more potatoes to vegetables next time around insha' Allah.
Recipe is below. Enjoy!
~
5 A Day Breakfast Potatoes
1 1/2 pounds Baby Red or small Russet Potatoes, cut into 1- inch cubes
1 medium Red Bell Pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 medium Green Bell Pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
~
1. Preheat Oven to 450
2. Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl. Stir well to get oil over all vegetables.
3. Coat baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray ( I used Crisco Shortening)
4. Spread potato mixture evenly over baking sheet
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.

No comments:
Post a Comment