Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Sightwords with the Moveable Alphabet

To continue building on our bingo sight words, today we used the moveable alphabet to literally build them.

~
 Getting Started

Just as we built our word family words, I jumbled up the letters, of the words we know, from Board 1 of our Bingo pre k sight words game.



We first reviewed the letters of the word, and their sound. Then we sounded out, and built the word. I tried to let them do as much as they could themselves, and Masha' Allah they did pretty well. Here is a look at some of their work.
~
Professor #2:

He did well sounding out the words, then arranging the letters as he sounded them out.  



 
Professor #1:

With the larger words, he wanted me to call out the letters, as he verified on his worksheet, then built them on the tray. 

Professor #3:

He was very adamant about having a turn too. I started going over the worksheet with him. He read the letters of the first word 'in' then said 'See, I did it!'


That work progressed to this:


Then finally, this:


Masha' Allah, he was happy with his work, and insisted I 'take a picture!'

~

Baby Professor

Baby Professor kept busy with two different activities this session. 

He stared off with this puzzle, which he is getting quite good at Masha' Allah:


When he was done with that, and getting antsy, I gave him the tray of sandpaper letters Professor #3 discarded yesterday:

Masha' Allah, his face lit up with a big smile. He was so flattered that he was getting to use the big kid stuff! He did well with it Masha' Allah, until after awhile, Professor #3 decided that no, it wasn't good for him anymore, he needed a new activity. Baby Professor felt otherwise, but mercifully for him, it was story time. 

~

We'll continue building our sight words with the moveable alphabet till we get through all four bingo boards insha' Allah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment