This year, our first batch was vanilla, with fudge swirls (Hershey's syrup).
This early spring weather, and our success with the banana sorbet (which by the way you don't need an ice cream maker for), has me pulling out my bucket list of ice cream recipe's we haven't gotten to over the years. Among them, blueberry, and french vanilla, insha' Allah. I don't have any recent pictures of us making ice cream, so I will post some below of the first batch of vanilla we made, and the recipe we followed.
~
All ready to go in the ice cream maker
Starting to look like ice cream : )
Yum!
~
Recipe for Vanilla Ice Cream
I will type the modified recipe we use, then post the original. The recipe comes from the 1976 Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book.
Our version:
2 eggs
1 1/4 cup sugar
3.5 cups whole milk
1.5 cups heavy whipping cream
1 1/4 tablespoons vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
Beat eggs till light. Add sugar gradually, beating till thick. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Freeze in ice cream maker, in freezer. Makes 1/2 gallon. Store in freezer safe container.
Original Recipe
4 eggs
2 1/2 cups sugar
7 cups milk
3 cups whipping cream
2 1/2 tablespoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
Follow above instructions. Freeze in 5 quart ice cream freezer. Makes 1 gallon.
As you probably figured out, I halved the recipe, and even that fills it to the tippy top. I also use whole milk and heavy whipping cream. It makes a difference in the taste. We hope you enjoy giving this a try at home insha' Allah : )
Enjoy!










No comments:
Post a Comment