Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Pink Tower.

Let me say right off the bat, we do not own an authentic Montessori Pink Tower, we own the Wal Mart verison. Masha' Allah, we've gone through a few sets since the Professors were babies, one reason I decided against the authentic version.

You can read more about the authentic Pink Tower, and how to teach a formal lesson with it here:

http://montessorimom.com/pink-tower/

The blocks have been stored in my teachers closet for awhile, and I decided to put them in the shelf rotation  this time around. Professor #3 was over the moon about this, and spent alot of time building and nesting the blocks.  I've never done a formal lesson with the blocks, because the Reggio in me wanted them to explore the building possibilities, and just have fun with it.

Earlier this week, while I was working with the twins on sand writing, Professor #3 was busy working with the blocks, his choice. After awhile he excitedly called me to show me he had built a tower. Then insisted I take a picture.

Masha' Allah, he did this on his own without any help.

We both went back to work, and he called me again to show me he was making this: 


Masha' Allah, very Montessori!

While he has continued to play with the blocks, I have not seen him do either again. He really concentrated and focused on his work that day, Masha' Allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment